Press Release - Pictou Town Council Meetings Resumes In-person Meetings
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: September 9, 2020
Contact: Nicole Battist, Deputy Clerk
PICTOU TOWN COUNCIL RESUMES IN-PERSON MEETINGS
September 9, 2020 - Pictou, NS. The Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing has given municipalities permission to meet in person effective July 29, 2020, provided gathering limits and physical distancing requirements are followed. Virtual meetings are still permitted if a municipality chooses to do so.
For the month of September, the Town of Pictou will hold in-person Council meetings at the deCoste Entertainment Centre. A Committee of Council meeting will be held on Monday, September 14th, with a Regular Council Meeting scheduled for Monday, September 21st. Both meetings begin at 6:30 pm, with doors opening at 6:00 pm.
The location of meetings in October and beyond, are yet to be determined. Check the Town website for further updates.
PLEASE NOTE THAT COVID-19 PROTOCOLS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Any member of the public wishing to attend a Town Council meeting MUST pre-register with the Town Office by phoning 902-485-4372 prior to noon on the day of each meeting. This will allow the Town to collect contact-tracing information in the event of a potential exposure to COVID-19.
- You will be asked to complete a COVID-19 health screening during pre-registration and/or the day of each meeting.
- All attendees (Council, staff, members of the public) are required to wear a non-medical mask when moving about within the building.
- Once attendees are seated, in accordance with six feet of physical/social distancing from others present, attendees may remove masks if they desire to do so.
- Attendees are asked to enter the Box Office door via Water Street and exit by the parking lot along Market Street.
- Attendees will be escorted to seats in the galley.
- Attendance is limited to 50 people, including Council and staff, per Health Protection Act. If required, members of the public will be turned away; therefore, you are asked to register early.
For further information, please call Pictou Town Office at 902-485-4372 x254 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.