Fire Inspectors, which municipalities are required to have according to the Fire Safety Act of Nova Scotia, carry out inspections on the following:
- Assembly occupancies - churches, community halls, licensed establishments, restaurants, theatres, arenas, gyms, museums, etc.
- Residential occupancies containing 4 or more dwelling units - apartments, motels, etc.
- Business and personal service occupancies - offices, banks, and service shops
- Mercantile occupancies - stores, markets, and retail outlets
- Industrial occupancies - workshops, factories, warehouses, repair garages, gas stations, etc.
The Fire Inspector ensures that these occupancies are complying with the National Fire Code of Canada and provides information on fire safety and fire emergency planning. If you need an inspection, please contact the Deputy Clerk to make arrangements to speak with the Fire Inspector at 902-934-1061.